How to Use D2
D/2 Biological Solution is a biodegradable, easy to use liquid that removes stains from mold, algae, mildew, lichens and air pollutants. It is effective on marble, granite, limestone, brownstone, travertine, masonry, terra cotta, concrete, stucco, wood, and other architectural surfaces including monuments, sculpture and headstones. A contact time of only 10 to 15 minutes followed by scrubbing with a soft nylon or natural bristle brush will loosen most biological and air pollutant staining.
D/2 Biological Solution is effective for removing harmful biological and air pollutant staining from many building materials including masonry, marble, granite, limestone, brownstone, travertine, terra cotta, concrete, stucco, wood, canvas and vinyl & aluminum siding.
Note: Always do a spot test sample before proceeding with project. D/2 works best when air and surface temperatures are 45°F or above. Use D/2 undiluted for best results. In the event of excessive plant exposure, rinse all plants and water in all planted ground areas.
How to Use D2
Spray and walk away aka "No Scrub/No Rinse Method"
- Using a sprayer (pump-up, low pressure, or other,) wet the entire surface with D/2.
- Allow to air dry.
D/2 works with the elements and results occur within one week to one month, depending on severity of soil.
Immediate Result Method
- Apply D/2 Biological Solution with a brush, roller, hand pump sprayer (garden style pump sprayer) or low pressure power sprayer.
- Allow undiluted D/2 to remain on the surface 10-15 minutes.
- Apply additional D/2 as necessary to maintain a wet surface.
- Scrub with soft nylon or natural bristle brush. DO NOT USE METAL BRUSH.
- Lightly mist with water and continue scrubbing.
- Rinse thoroughly with clean, potable water (IE: Drinking Water.)
Treatment and Maintenance Program
After initial treatment of substrate do a once-a-year light spraying will help maintain a clean, stain-free surface.
Note: Any heavy biological deposits can be loosened using a low pressure washer and may require repeat applications of D/2 to achieve complete cleaning.
Re-apply if rain occurs within 12 hours of application.